Updated: Aug 17
What to put in a Baby Shower Gift Basket to make the perfect baby shower gift
A baby shower is a special time in the life of every mum-to-be. It is also a special time for all the friends and family of the mum-to-be to shower her with gifts.
Everyone loves the opportunity to buy some adorable things for new babies. Baby shower gift baskets are such a lovely idea, as they give you the opportunity to gift many different items that the mum-to-be wants and needs. But what should you put in a baby shower gift basket?
Here are our favourite ideas on what to put in a baby shower gift basket:
· Nappies and wipes – One of the most important things that new parents need in abundance is nappies and wipes. This is one gift item that you know will get used and appreciated. A fun idea is to create a nappy cake, or another fun shape with the nappies! We stock Ecoriginals eco-friendly nappies and wipes, which are perfect in your baby shower gift basket!
Baby clothing and Jumpsuits – Baby’s clothing is so very cute! You might like to buy a combination of cute clothes for special occasions, and practical clothing for every day. Don’t forget to buy some in sizes other than newborn as well. Babies are in newborn sized clothes for such a short time, and some big babies grow out of them before they even come home! Our favourite baby clothing item is our Koala jumpsuit and bib set.
· Baby skincare – Babies need skincare that will be gentle enough for their delicate skin. Special sensitive skin soap, lotion, and nappy cream are a must, and some baby massage oil makes a lovely addition to baby shower gift baskets!
· Muslin wraps – Muslin wraps are essential for new babies. Muslin wraps are one of the most useful items that new mums will use each day. They can be used to swaddle baby, use as a breastfeeding cover, a burp rag, a change mat cover, or one of many other uses for muslin wraps. We stock a range of muslin wraps, this is our favourite for boys, and our favourite for girls.
· Postpartum and Breastfeeding essentials – new mums do need some equipment for postpartum and breastfeeding. Postpartum recovery can be a difficult time for new mums, especially if they are also establishing breastfeeding for the first time. Items from our collection of postpartum and breastfeeding essentials make a great addition to a baby shower gift basket. Our favourite recommendation is our silicone breast pump.
· Baby blankets – Every baby needs a blanket. A hand crochet blanket made just for baby is extra special. If you can’t crochet, another lovely option is to add one of our crochet blankets to your baby shower gift basket, in pink, blue or grey.
· A bunny or teddy – One thing all babies need is a cute toy of their own. What could be cuter than a beautiful soft and cuddly bunny. A bunny gifted at a baby shower or birth can go on to become a cherished and much-loved favourite. Our bunnies are available in blue, pink, or grey.
· Baby book – A baby book is a special keepsake and something lovely for new mums to record all their memories with their new baby. A baby book is a lovely addition to a baby shower gift basket. We have three beautiful baby books in grey, pink, or blue.
· Bibs – Another essential that will be used over and over is bibs. Bibs are a standard for babies outfits from day one, for dribbling, feeding, and then later for giving solids. Our favourite bib set is this one.
- Nappy caddy - pack everything into a nappy caddy! If you purchase from us, we'll even wrap it up for you.
If you'd like to purchase a beautiful baby shower gift basket ready made, see our Baby Hampers, New Mum Hampers. You can also build your own hamper by selecting beautiful products, and we will put it together into a gorgeous hamper and send it off for you.
Here at Baby and Mumma Gifts, we are all about gifts for new mums and babies, and we stock a great range of products that can go into a baby shower gift basket.